As a research based organization we are committed to enhancing the potential of every child through movement based learning.
Much of our work is school-based projects here are some examples:
SCHOOL, NURSERY, RECEPTION AND KEY STAGE 1 DEVELOPMENTAL DANCE MOVEMENT® PROGRAMMES
- Ashmead Primary School - DDM programme
- Myatt Garden School - DDM programme
- Kilmorie House - DDM Programme for Reception
- Haseltine Primary School - DDM programmes across both Nursery and Reception
- St Saviour’s Roman Catholic Primary School - DDM programmes across both Nursery and Reception.
- Beecroft Garden Primary School - DDM programmes across Nursery, Reception and a Year 1 focus-group of students identified through monitoring as needing additional movement intervention.
- Kelvin Grove School- Focus group of Reception students identified as needing additional support plus an autism specific group from their ASD base. Read more about our autism school projects below and find out more about our funded projects here
HELP US WITH OUR FUNDRAISING SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO NEED OUR SERVICES
You can support us by making a donation so we can continue to provide our services to those who need them
Give as you Live Online is the free and easy way to raise free funds for us simply by shopping online. Register by clicking on the button below and start supporting us now.
You can also support us by fundraising, please get in touch so we can work with you on this.
For all our news and updates, subscribe to our mailing list
MOVEMENTWORKS WITH AUTISM
We have supported ongoing practice-based research and CPD in association with Montessori Education for Autism and the National Autistic Society.
Here are some examples of our school projects supporting children and young people with autism and related differences:
- Drumbeat School and ASD Service - DDM programme to several groups of primary school children. Read testimonials on our SEN&D page
- Spa School - DDM introduced into the curriculum for primary students
- Marjorie McClure Specialist School*
- Kelvin Grove ASD Unit
NEW IN 2019:
Children with ASD also benefit from Yotism® specialised Yoga movement practice provided by MovementWorks. Special Yoga can be combined with a DDM and/or AMT programme to suit group requirements.
MOVEMENTWORKS® WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITIES
*MovementWorks delivers the DDM & AMT programmes for students with SEND and PMLD at Specialist Schools.
Visit our SEND page to read more